Monday, August 4, 2008

Paper bag Book








This is my start at a paper bag book that I started a while ago and plan to finsh in the near future using some cricut cutouts as well as other techniques. This little book is truly mixed media. The binding of the book is actually cooper tape used to hold pipes, etc. The cover is covered with old pattern pieces and pattern envelope pieces. Old letter tiles, a knob are other elements used on the cover. Inside the journal quilting scrap pieces and embroidery "trials" are used for the pockets. The butterfly tag has a baby picture of me and is transferred to clay using tape transfer.

4 comments:

Karen Salva said...

Very fun Janel. Just gave you a link-a-roo in my newest altered book journal post!

may have to warn people with cat allergies to take a Benadryl first though! hee hee hee

sukipoet said...

Like your paperbag book. Came from Karen's blog. I have the kitty on my blog too. Love the way his/her chest moves in and out. Meow

NANCY LEFKO said...

very nice book....welcome to blog land :)

Candy Bello said...

nice! very nice paper bag book! and altered too, wow. very cool.

:)candy