Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mermaid Story Book - Using Cricut

Here are some pages of the Story book that I made for my Niece this year who turned "6" on March 7th. The book was created using my Cricut and a 8 x 8 scrapbook. I mainly used the paperdoll cartridge for this as well as George. I was alot of fun to create and well worth the effort.










A search for the right paper was important to the over all look of the book.   A glittery paper was used for the coral.  Some fishes were accented with wiggle eyes.  Stickers were also used in the background to give more of a under sea look to the project.   Paper with a shine was used for the mermaid.  With this type of paper the scales showed up very well.  The under sea tunnel was created with a mountain from paper dolls and a piece of acetate was used in order to see into it.

 

 

No comments: